Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a healing practice that helps correct imbalances of energy, or Qi, in the body.
Acupuncture is the most commonly used TCM technique in Western culture. Acupuncture can improve your whole wellbeing and can treat symptoms of a wide variety of conditions. Other increasingly popular TCM techniques are cupping and Qigong (movement meditation)—also available at George Wellbeing.
What to expect
At your first session, your licensed acupuncturist will:
- Gather your health history and information to create a personalized Wellbeing Plan
- Complete a TCM assessment
- Provide an acupuncture treatment, which could include herbalism, cupping or Gua sha massage
Before coming to an acupuncture session, be sure to eat a little something so you’re not arriving hungry.
During an acupuncture session:
- A licensed acupuncturist inserts ultra-thin, sterile needles in various points in your body. These points are called meridians, and they connect all aspects of the body together into one network.
- Your acupuncturist might manipulate acupuncture points with techniques such as acupressure, Tuina, cupping and Gua sha massage.
- Most clients experience a state of relaxation and calmness during their session. Sensations from acupuncture needles are very minimal, and can include mild tingling, soreness or aching.
In a 1:1 session plan to undress to your comfort and be covered by a sheet and blanket, similar to a massage. In a group session, you will be asked to remove your shoes and socks. Wearing loose-fitting clothing that can provide access from the knee down, arms and possibly the neck/collar bones is recommended.
There’s no need to tip your acupuncturist.
Book a 1:1 session
Acupuncture is effective for a wide range of health symptoms such as pain, anxiety and depression, hormone regulation and migraine therapy.
- For your first time, schedule a 90-minute Foundation Session: $125/$112 for Y members
- Introduction to service, schedule a 20-minute discovery session: Free to Y Members
- Follow-up 90-minute session: $125/$112 for Y members
- Follow-up 60-minute session: $95/$85 for Y members
- Follow-up 30-minute session: $55/$50 for Y members
Visit George Wellbeing, or call 612-465-0468 to book a service.
Attend a group session
During community acupuncture, you and other acupuncture clients receive services in the same room. Each person is seated in a zero-gravity chair. The licensed acupuncturist moves from person to person, completing a brief consultation and placing needles. The full session is scheduled for 120 minutes and drop-ins are welcome the first 60 minutes of the session. You can expect to be there for about 45 minutes. Drop in once in a while, or come regularly to maintain your Wellbeing Plan.
- 45-minute Community Response pop-up session: Free for Y members and non-members
45-minute session: $22/$16 for Y membersTo return at a later date
Community Response Healing Pop-Ups
Enhance your wellbeing in a free group acupuncture sessions to support healing in our communities. All
classes are drop-in, all are welcome. Y membership not required to participate.
Meet your provider
Forms to bring to your session
Before your session, please complete and bring the foundation and client profile forms.
If you need to cancel, please call 24 hours before your appointment. Cancellations made within fewer than 24 hours of your appointment will result in full payment of service.